If you are a mom who is looking to build and grow your business, and you often feel scared of taking the big leap, you are not alone. I know you will love this episode because I am interviewing my ride or die friend Terri Ross, a world-renowned practice management consultant and international speaker in the medical aesthetics industry who spent over 15 years working for Fortune 500 medical device companies.
At one point, Terri had to leave the male-dominated world of corporate to focus on having a baby, but she came back determined to find the gap in the market and fill it with innovation.
So get ready to hear how this single mom turned risks into opportunities and became a tech innovator in the medical aesthetics industry.
In This Episode You’ll Also Learn:
- [04:52] After going two rounds of fertility, Terri felt forced to leave the corporate world to focus on having a baby, a choice that many women still have to make.
- [10:48] How did COVID influence Terri’s work as she used to get her clients speaking at the conferences?
- [14:50] How Terri managed to find the gap in the aesthetic market and built a platform without any tech background?
- [20:07] Why Terri decided to take a big risk and invest a lot of money in her business idea?
- [27:43] Can a business grow without hiring a team?
- [30:45] Working moms are not only about mom-guilt — Terri is proving to her daughter that women can do anything.
Here are a few of my favorite takeaways:
- You don’t have to be 100% prepared to accept an opportunity. You will find the way, you just have to believe in yourself.
- It takes a village — you can’t do everything on your own. To grow a business, you have to have a team.
- When we do things to really help others, the accolades and fame simply follow.
- It’s important to show young girls that life isn’t easy and that they can do anything if they work hard enough.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Inspired Living with Keri Murphy Community today: