We have all been there. We look at our friends, neighbors, competitors, people we don’t even know, and we compare ourselves to completely separate beings that have nothing to do with our journey, our goals and our outcomes.
“The moment you looked at their lane, you got out of your lane,” said the amazing, beautiful, and inspiring Lisa Nichols on this week’s podcast.
I swear, almost every amazing quote I see online is by Lisa Nichols… sometimes I think she just wakes up and says, what amazing thing am I going to do and say today! I have watched Lisa continue to transform her life and body, find love, grow her business, and become one of the most influential motivational speakers in the world.
She is the founder of Motivating the Masses and CEO of Motivating the Teen Spirit, LLC, a 6-time best-selling author, a mother, a fiance, and a wonderful inspiration. She went from being on government assistance to sitting across from Oprah and Larry King. She is one out of only two African American women to own publicly traded companies, she has traveled the world, and on top of ALL that, she has a movie being made about her, and yet…
… “It’s never about the money, it’s about the impact.”
On this week’s podcast we talk like two soul-sisters catching up, it has been way too long!
We talk about comparison, about love (we were both brides to be), about fear, branding, opportunity, personal health, and Lisa’s journey as a single mom to a millionaire CEO.
We all struggle with comparison, fear, and the ability to let go and take the leap. There are divine appointments to prepare you for the opportunity to come.
For more inspiration listen to this week’s episode here.
In This Episode You’ll Also Learn:
- [02:49] Keri shares how she finds Lisa inspiring, their past connections, and her sponsorship investment in Lisa’s events
- [05:25] Lisa talks about the transformational journey we have to travel in order to gain the outcome wanted
- [11:00] How 2020 affected Lisa’s normal life of constant travel and opportunity and how she adjusted and her award-winning 16-minute movie
- [16:00] How Lisa adapted and pivoted her business to meet the needs of her students, how she handled the political client, and how she continued to connect people through her programs
- [22:20] Lisa talks about her own struggles with Imposter Syndrome and learning to not compare herself to anyone
- [27:39] Keri talks with Lisa about clients dealing with perfectionism and how in order to grow a business or brand it’s important to serve others and to be authentic
- [30:47] Lisa talks about looking back as a business owner to learn, track everything and see what kind of impact you’ve been able to make and how you can improve and change from there
- [38:49] Lisa speaks about the catalyst of change for her own life, her health & weight loss
Here are a few of my favorite takeaways:
- You don’t always have to overcome your fear in order to do something; sometimes you can use that fear to leap in and be determined to make it work. You can say yes to the unknown and go through a transformational journey.
- As business owners, the most important thing to do is to make your purpose about serving others- when you figure this out you will be able to figure out your customer’s needs and help them and make the connection needed.
- Track things and look back at how you impacted others- this will help you be able to improve and make changes to your business as needed.
- MotivatingTheMasses: Quantum Leap Masterclass
- Lisa Nichols Facebook
- Lisa Nichols Instagram
- Lisa Nichols YouTube
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Inspired Living with Keri Murphy Community today: