It’s the time for Thanksgiving. A time where we eat delicious food and roll off the sofa the next day. 🙂 More importantly, it’s a time where we not only think about how grateful we are but we tend to express it more than we do any other time of year.
As I imagined what would happen if we all committed to practicing gratitude every day rather than just this season, I couldn’t help but share what I found with you.
Studies show that there are some INCREDIBLE benefits to practicing gratitude, some of them even surprised me!
In this video I share the benefits of practicing gratitude and a few ways to inspire you to do it all year round. You can tell I had a lot of fun shooting it for you. 🙂
The benefits of gratitude are undeniable:
- Improved physical emotional and spiritual health
- Greater optimism
- Improved feelings of connection in times of loss or crisis
- Increased self-esteem
- Heightened energy levels
- Strengthened heart, immune system and decreased blood sugar
- Improved emotional and academic intelligence
- Expanded capacity for forgiveness
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Improved self care
- A greater likelihood to exercise
And the best part, there are so many simple ways to practice gratitude so you can receive all of these amazing benefits, here are a few I shared:
- Write 3 things you are grateful for
- Write a letter expressing gratitude to someone you know (or even a text)
- Write out what you like about yourself
- Say thank you to someone
I would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below, sharing what’s ONE thing you will commit to doing every single day and what YOU are grateful for.
Thank you so much for tuning in and being apart of the Inspired Living Family. You are one of the many things I’m grateful for.
P.S. Have you discovered your It Factor? Join us for our upcoming 2-day event.