After watching hundreds of videos, I see a few things repeatedly that distract people from really positioning themselves as leaders and broadcasting their brilliance with confidence. So today, I’m going to share with you some of the things that will help you when it comes to showing up on camera.
First, you need to examine how you physically position your recording. Ensure you are filming in the direction that your audience will watch you; consider if your audience is watching horizontally or vertically.
Next, think about your frame. It drives me bananas when people have tons of extra space between their head and the frame. Remember, you want to take up space! When you take up space in the camera, it makes you look more like an authority figure.
To learn more, watch this ILTV Episode here:
Another tip for positioning yourself as a leader is by looking directly into the camera. So, make sure your camera is at eye level. Tune in as I give more tips on how to best broadcast your brilliance through video.
In This Episode You’ll Also Learn:
- [01:00] What position do you put the camera?
- [02:00] What is your frame?
- [04:45] Lighting will be critical to look professional on camera
You can listen to the podcast here:
Here are a few of my favorite takeaways:
- People prefer to watch their videos horizontally on their phones. Make sure to always film your videos in that position.
- Frame your camera like a pro and make sure the video is eye level.
- You want to create space; so you actually don’t want to shoot in front of a wall. Space will make depth and be more interesting.
- If you are going to use your hands while talking, make sure to bring them into the frame.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Inspired Living with Keri Murphy Community today: