Claudia Chan is a recognized author, leadership and culture change expert, and entrepreneur dedicated to activating individuals and organizations to create a more equitable and thriving workplace and world. First, Claudia opens up about her entrepreneurial journey moving from women’s entertainment to women’s empowerment, and finally to women’s leadership. Claudia evolved her message with what she stands for over a period of time; she explains the importance of pivoting for your brand.
Later, Claudia dives deep into why you should lead your life for the world; we all have a special place in this universe, and we are all here to impact someone else. So, it’s time to step into who you fully are and do the work you are meant to do. Tune in as Claudia Chan reminds us that we will never achieve true equity in business and society without a more “whole-being” approach to leadership. She would love to stay in touch with you and share free #WholeLifeLeadership resources at SHESummit.com/CLAUDIA.
For inspiration from Claudia Chan, Listen to the podcast here:
In This Episode You’ll Also Learn:
- [02:05] Entrepreneurship is like a rollercoaster; Claudia talks about her journey.
- [05:50] How Claudia had to pivot when the entire world was flipped upside down.
- [13:20] It’s time to look into the future; Claudia reveals her predictions for the world.
- [17:40] Take care of yourself and set yourself up for success; Claudia coaches women on how to create that space.
- [25:50] Women are trying to do everything; instead, think about what you want your legacy to be.
- [36:55] What story are you going to tell? It’s time to think about the vision for your life.
- [42:05] What inspired living means to Claudia Chan.
Here are a few of my favorite takeaways:
- Whenever there is a challenge in life or business, that’s an opportunity to see possibility.
- Are you drained during Covid? Permit yourself to have space to really step back from your work.
- If you haven’t already, it’s time to innovate and step into the virtual space as an entrepreneur.
- Don’t be afraid to change your message as your brand and your business evolves.
About Claudia Chan:
Claudia Chan is a recognized author, leadership and culture change expert, and entrepreneur dedicated to activating individuals and organizations to create more equitable and thriving workplace and world. She is the founder of award-winning conference & leadership education platform S.H.E. Summit that equips organizations with powerful learning and development opportunities that unleash talent and people to rise to their highest potential as impactful, inclusive, “whole-life leaders” with the goal to unlock diverse, thriving and socially impactful workplaces and communities.
Claudia is the founder of their award-winning leadership conference S.H.E. Summit that has made advancing women, diversity, inclusion both accessible and actionable since 2012. Cross industry companies from Deloitte, EY, Samsung, Bacardi, Home Depot, Target to Morgan Stanley send rising talent for leadership transformation and to connect with private and public sector influencers.
Claudia is also the author of the leadership book THIS IS HOW WE RISE: Reach Your Highest Potential, Empower Women, Lead Change in the World which was named by CNBC as a “top career book of 2018” and also featured in The New York Times. Claudia was also recently named one of eight UN Women Champions for Innovation. She has been referred to as “the change-agent maker” and Fast Company has called her the “Richard Branson of women’s empowerment.”
Prior to launching S.H.E. Summit, Claudia was President & Co-Owner of the popular women’s entertainment company, Shecky’s, for 10 years. Claudia is a lifelong New Yorker, proud alumnae of Smith College, mom of two and an equal partner with her husband, John.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Inspired Living with Keri Murphy Community today: