Holly Dowling is my dear friend, a highly sought-after award-winning global keynote speaker, an inspirational thought leader, and the founder of the “Extraordinary Leader” program. Everyone went through a challenging year during the pandemic and had to make significant changes. Like many others, Holly went utterly virtual, and it was a total shift. However, Holly never stopped supporting her clients during these challenging times. Holly dives into all the ways she needed to pivot in business and life.
Later, we jump into all sorts of tips for running your next virtual event. First, know exactly where your ideal clients like to hang out. People are sick of getting content! Instead, they are looking for experiences. So, when planning your next virtual experience, it’s critical to look at your backdrop, lighting and make your personality shine. Plus, Holly explains how to foster an inclusive environment while presenting virtually. Tune in as we chat about the Hollyisms Daily Dose of Inspirations, and Holly opens up about her losses during 2020.
For inspiration from Holly Dowling, Listen to the podcast here:
In This Episode You’ll Also Learn:
- [01:20] Holly opens up about her challenging year during the pandemic.
- [08:25] We all had to make significant pivots in our businesses. Holly shares what helped her transition into a virtual space.
- [14:00] During a virtual event, you always need a technical expert, and you need someone who is managing the chat.
- [20:00] Fostering an inclusive environment virtually is absolutely critical – Holly gives tips on how to do so.
- [30:10] We chat all about the Hollyisms Daily Dose of Inspirations.
- [32:45] Many people have had a loss during 2020; Holly opens up about her losses.
- [36:05] We all have a choice on every step of our journey; pick joy!
Here are a few of my favorite takeaways:
- Look at your backdrop – it should be no accident what is framed around you.
- Make sure that you know how to be lit; you can create great lighting without spending a fortune.
- You better know what your client’s ideal platform is and spend the most amount of time there.
- Your clients all want to feel something – they don’t want more content; they want experiences.
About Holly Dowling:
Holly Dowling is a highly sought after award-winning global keynote speaker and inspirational thought leader as well as founder of the “Extraordinary Leader” program. For the past 20 years, she has addressed hundreds of thousands of Fortune 500 companies around the world including Facebook, Google, Cisco, Deloitte, PaloAlto Networks, Disney, Wells Fargo, ESPN, Home Depot, Gap Brand, and IBM, among others and impacted the hearts and minds of millions in over 120 countries worldwide with her “A Celebration Of You” podcast via iHeart Radio.
Holly is a member of the United Nations Girl Up, a two-time Stevie Award winner, a recipient of The American Riviera Women Entrepreneur of the Year Award, a global speaking member of the AICET Council (Anti Internet Child Exploitation Team), and she was recently recognized as a SHERO who are women “thrivers” making a positive impact in people lives. As founder of Hollyisms Daily Dose of Inspirations, Holly’s mission is to continue to inspire hearts and minds all over the world!
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Inspired Living with Keri Murphy Community today: